Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Obama aka Jesus

I'm not sure Obama can be anything different than a politician like Hillary. And, he can say all he wants about Hillary's vote authorizing the use of force in Iraq, but remember, he didn't vote! And he hasn't voted on much.

When all is said and done, Obama is a politician who has found a clever way to win. He's really no different politically than Hillary, especially on policy, except that he's grossly inexperienced. Even Bush had experience running a government in Texas.

We've heard extensively from the Washington media about Hillary's ego not letting her drop out of the race should she lose on March 4, but let's look "critically" at Obama, an egomaniac reveling in the notion that the media and laymen see him as some sort of Messiah. Do you really think he'll drop out if he loses all four states today?

Furthermore, if he's deciding to adopt Jimmy Carter's platform of "Change Washington," I'm afraid we're going to be in worse shape in the world, economically and politically, in a couple of years than we are now. I wonder at times why people are fooled by him. He's not the second coming of Christ, or Dr. King. He's a politician. And what's worse is that he's not even a good politician. He just makes good speeches, which sometimes aren't even his own!

In reality, Dennis Kucinich should have been the purer choice.

My friend Rana asked me yesterday if I thought Jim Webb would be a good running mate. I'm not sure I really like Jim Webb outside of being a dissenting voice of the Iraq war. I really bought into and believe the whole misogynous scandals that plagued his campaign. If Hillary wins, I'd like to see a Hillary/Biden ticket. If Obama wins, I'd like to see an Obama/Biden ticket. Obama could learn a thing or two about foreign policy from Biden, who at this point I consider a scholar on the war in Iraq. I even think Obama hinted at it during one of his speeches. More on that later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home