Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wall Street's Responsibility?

We keep talking about something needing to be done to save our economy, but only in the context of American taxpayers footing the bill. I want to know where the billionaires on Wall Street are, and why they're not offering up any of their own money to fix this? Last week Warren Buffet took the lead and inserted $5 billion of his own money into Goldman Sachs. I know with that he gets a few incentives, but he never the less sees an inherent connection between his pocket book and fixing this mess. I wish more billionaires would follow in his footsteps and not leave this up to the taxpayer to bail these companies out. Oh, and furthermore, Nancy Pelosi and the like can go to hell with this condescending rhetoric: "What the American people need to realize is that this is not so much a bailout, as it is a buy in." Buy in? What benefits will Americans reap? How will I benefit? I didn't buy a home I couldn't afford. It's a bailout and nothing more!!! Until I see a check in the mail, that's all it'll ever be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting that you say you are waiting for a check before you..... My understanding is that that is the next thing. Another check (the 3rd now) is going to be in the mail within the next 6 months. Now that to me is insane. Bush keeps hiring a crop duster to fly over the U.S. to drop checks on us that don't work and the govt. gets more in debt. Ask Nancy P. That is who is calling for it this time.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home